I finally want to publish the tool that I use to fill in my timesheet web report. Maybe it will be useful for someone else from Techedge or KPedge if there are people who dislike spending time doing repetitive click-wait-copy-paste-click activity in their browser. Things are much easier and faster if done in Excel. 🙂
Below you can see a brief video presentation of how it actually works.
So here is an add-in for MS Excel that enables automatic transfer of Excel charts into PowerPoint presentations based on the selected presentation template.
The main features of the add-in are:
– compatibility with Office 2003 and Office 2007 (in fact, there are 2 add-ins that function virtually in the same way);
– high flexibility in customization of PPoint presentation templates (you put rectangular shapes in the place where you want to see the respective chart from Excel and insert the number of the chart to be associated with);
– the ZOrder position of the rectangular shape will be assigned to the inserted chart shape;
– high general flexibility of the system (it allows transferring any charts from any Excel workbook to any presentation with rectangular shapes indicating the position of the charts to insert);
– charts on all the worksheets are transferred, not only on the active worksheet
Charts are inserted via a new blank workbook which means that only relevant data will be transferred to PowerPoint. This is especially necessary for Office 2003 since the inserted chart brings with it the whole Excel workbook which sometimes may be huge enough.
For Office 2007 this problem is irrelevant since Office 2007 does not allow embedding Excel charts with source data (it creates a link to the source data) into PowerPoint presentation.
The add-in was designed and rendered public by YellowRiver (www.yriver.it). You can find more in OUR PROJECTS chapter of the YellowRiver web-site.